RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swann aims to be ‘more grown up and mature’ for England Twenty20 captaincy


London, Sep 15: England off-spinner Graeme Swann has admitted that he must grow up and stop acting the joker after being named as the captain for the two-match Twenty20 series against West Indies. Swann has been appointed despite his claim that he is too immature and too much of a comedian to take on the responsibility of leadership.
"It's a Twenty20 series with a lot of young lads so I'll have to change the way I am from the Test side. I'm very much the joker in the Test team, I'm there for a stupid quip at the end of the session," the Sun quoted Swann, as saying.
"With this Twenty20 side, I'll naturally have to be more grown up and mature about things. But I don't intend to be deadly serious and change too much. I believe a fairly high-spirited approach has made me the cricketer I am," he added.
The 32-year-old will lead the national team for the first time in the two Twenty20s, which are scheduled for September 23 and 25 at The Oval.
He was named captain as regular captain Stuart Broad and vice-captain Eoin Morgan were unavailable due to shoulder injuries.


0 Responses to "Swann aims to be ‘more grown up and mature’ for England Twenty20 captaincy"

Post a Comment

 

Recent Posts

Most Views

total visits

Return to top of page Copyright © 2011 | Must view Best PAGEANT Updates, Hot Men Pictures, Best Horse Wallpapers and Wallpaper Plus Please click Ads to ALIVE this site!!!