RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Watson to continue opening Oz batting despite demanding all-rounder role: Clarke


Colombo, Sep 15: Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that Shane Watson will stay at the top of the batting order despite the all-rounder being used more as a bowler. Watson has been used extensively as a fourth fast bowling option in the ongoing three-match Test series against Sri Lanka.
"It (moving him down the order) is something I'll continue to think about. I see Watto's bowling as very important for the team so in time, if it's best for the team, he might move down the order," Fox Sports quoted Clarke, as saying.
"But the priority is whatever's best for the team and right now I think that's Shane opening the batting. In time, we might reassess the situation," he added.
Earlier, Watson had said that he was prepared to shift down the batting order if his increased bowling demands put a strain on his ability to compile big scores as an opening batsman.
"I really do enjoy opening the batting, taking on the quicks with the new ball, but it does depend on what my role is, if I'm going to bowl a lot more," Watson had said.
"I feel my body is really coping and handling the overs a lot better as well. At the moment I'm definitely opening the batting, but if my role changes a little bit I'm happy to bat anywhere to make sure we've got the best people in the right positions," he had added.


0 Responses to "Watson to continue opening Oz batting despite demanding all-rounder role: Clarke"

Post a Comment

 

Recent Posts

Most Views

total visits

Return to top of page Copyright © 2011 | Must view Best PAGEANT Updates, Hot Men Pictures, Best Horse Wallpapers and Wallpaper Plus Please click Ads to ALIVE this site!!!