RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

‘2003 Davis Cup defeat to Hewitt was one of my toughest losses,’ says Federer


Melbourne, Sep 16 : Swiss tennis star Roger Federer insists that his 2003 Davis Cup failure against Lleyton Hewitt, having led by two sets and 5-2, was one of his “toughest losses”.
Federer’s comment comes after he failed to convert two match points in his US Open semi-final against Novak Djokovic that condemned the 16-time major winner to his first year in the past nine without a grand slam title.
“People might think Djokovic was tough, but it was nothing compared to the loss back in ‘03, just because I thought I should have won so bad. And today, I’m not 22 years old any more, I’m 30, so I take losses much easier,” the Age quoted Federer, as saying.
“But back then, it was a very tough loss for me. But still the atmosphere was incredible on Rod Laver Arena and it was a privilege to be part of such a great match and a great tie,” he added.


0 Responses to "‘2003 Davis Cup defeat to Hewitt was one of my toughest losses,’ says Federer"

Post a Comment

 

Recent Posts

Most Views

total visits

Return to top of page Copyright © 2011 | Must view Best PAGEANT Updates, Hot Men Pictures, Best Horse Wallpapers and Wallpaper Plus Please click Ads to ALIVE this site!!!